We are a rapidly expanding privately-owned company built over the past 20 years to become the largest independent hearing aid provider in Kent and now deliver comprehensive hearing services across south east London and Kent.
Exciting developments within our business mean that we are increasing staff numbers to cope with growing demand and now have a vacancy for a full-time receptionist at our Folkestone branch.
Receptionist / Administrator (Folkestone) – Full time, salary c.£19K per annum
This is a full-time post Monday to Friday 8.15am to 16:45-5pm, based at our head office in Folkestone. You will be part of a dynamic organisation with aspirations for further expansion. You will report to the Folkestone Branch Manager.
- Manage reception (including opening/closing of branch)
- Manage inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Manage database diary including book appointments and updating patient records
- Confirming patient appointments
- Complete daily branch chase list and support audiologists across South Kent locations where needed
- Greet customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Liaise with staff, audiologists and manufacturers on a daily basis
- Take payments (cash and electronically)
- Petty cash, taking payments and reconciling petty cash at the end of the day
- Take accessory and consumable orders over the phone and in branch
- Support branch manager with post, deliveries and ad hoc branch needs
- Provide any ad hoc administration support across the business
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
- 2 years of receptionist/customer facing experience essential
- Experience in a clinical setting an advantage but not essential
- Strong communication skills and IT proficiency
- Highly organised with active interest in delivering quality
- PC skills (Word and Excel, Microsoft programmes) essential
- Strong literacy / numeracy
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently & as part of a rapidly changing team
- Demonstrate an ability to work with honesty, integrity and trustworthiness
- Maintain high standards of professionalism and competence.
If you think you have the personal and organisational skills we need to meet this rewarding role (it’s not every day you can help someone get their hearing back!), then please apply by email (reference RCP22 in subject line) to Angela Scrivener, email@example.com with a covering letter and your CV by Friday 17 October 2022.