oFFICE Administrator – Head Office
Full-time permanent position
Reference: OAADFS, salary £22,000
Holidays: 22 days, plus additional for length of service + Public Holidays
Other benefits: Company pension, company sick pay
We are looking for a keen, motivated, enthusiastic, individual to join our admin team. Experience of working as part of a busy team would be an advantage but is not essential. Patient focus is a key quality and individuals with experience in a public-facing role would be well suited to this opportunity.
Full training and support will be given to ensure that the successful candidate is able to deliver a high-quality service to our patients. The successful applicant will also be expected to:
- Customer service experience.
- Demonstrate a flexible, adaptable approach.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Have a strong ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
- Have good time management skills and be able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Have good organisational and IT skills.
- Have an interest in helping people who have hearing problems.
- Dealing with both inbound and outbound calls.
- Daily reception support.
- Booking appointments, dealing with patient queries.
- Data input, including handling patient data, creating, and updating patient records.
- Liaising with GP surgeries, audiologists, outside clinics, and private hospitals.
- Diary management, ensuring diary is used to maximum capacity.
- Ensuring all cancelled/empty appointments are filled using waiting lists etc.
- Other ad-hoc administrative duties as required and covering holidays/sickness in other departments.
- Driving licence + Car preferable.
- Right to work in the UK.
Hearbase is a rapidly expanding privately-owned company built over the past 20 years to become the largest independent hearing aid provider in Kent.
Exciting developments within the business mean that we are currently increasing staff numbers to cope with growing demand from our services.
We need motivated people who are looking to further their career in healthcare. Hearbase has a culture of training staff to a high standard.
We actively encourage staff to expand their scope of practice and develop new skills. We are growing our clinical team and over the coming months we will be looking for clinicians with skill in delivering and managing both private and NHS services.
Whatever your skill level and experience, if you think that you have something to offer, please get in touch.
How to Apply
Whatever your skill level and experience, if you think that you have something to offer, please get in touch. Please apply by email to Angela Scrivener, email@example.com, with a covering letter and your CV. Reference OAADFS in email subject.